Do you have funding for Support Coordination in your NDIS plan? If so, we can help you!
Our support coordinators are fluent in Auslan and will be able to explain everything and make sure you fully understand because NDIS funding is there for you to improve your life.
We can including, but not limited to;
- Connect you to various supports or services to help you meet your goals
- Explain what your NDIS plan means
- Explain how you can use your NDIS funding to meet your goals
- Make sure all supports and services you are connected to is progressing well
- Support you to monitor your NDIS plan to make sure you are using your funding to the max
- Teach and support you how to use NDIS portal and where to find things
- Explain the service agreements you may receive from other service providers
- Support you if you have issues with other service providers
- Support you with building skills
- Support you at your next NDIS review meeting
If you have the following funding, you can access to our support workers;
- Assistance with Daily Life
- Improved Daily Living
- Improved Relationships
- Increased Social and Community Participation
We have support workers who can support in many ways to meet your goals and needs as a Deaf or Hard of Hearing person such as;
- Understanding paperwork and support with filling out forms
- Support you at social events eg festivals, expos, community parties
- Assist with transport and/or how to use public transport and taxi/uber training
- Ordering and/or purchasing assistive technologies including setting up and training
- Other daily living skills trainings eg preparing for your driver’s licence test, how to use an ATM, how to book an appointment with your doctor
- Support in the home eg cleaning, washing
- Support with gardening and maintenance
- Personal care
We have access to;
- Auslan Interpreters
- Deaf Interpreters
- Deafblind Interpreters
- Communication Aides
- Video Relay Interpreters
You can book an interpreter for;
- Family weddings, funerals, parties or gatherings
- Medical appointments
- Work meetings, events or parties
- Hobby courses
- Your children’s sporting events
- Swimming lessons, driving lessons
- To buy something eg house, car, lounge or swimming pool
- Home or yard renovations
- Job interviews
- and many more!
For work related events, you can use your Employment Assistance Fund (EAF) if you have one. If not, please let us know and we can help you.
English (written) to Auslan!
You might receive a letter or any other paperwork that is hard to read and understand. Our translators can support you by reading your paperwork then explain to you in Auslan. You can ask questions to clarify. It is very important that you fully understand what your paperwork is saying because sometimes they are from very important offices eg Centrelink, bank, Australian Taxation Office, insurance etc. We also can translate specific newspaper articles or other text-based information and translate it into Auslan for you. We can do this face to face or by video call, whichever you prefer.
English (voice) to Auslan or written English!
There might be a video or a podcast or any other voice based media that is in spoken English and you want to know what they said, our transcriber will translate it into written English or Auslan for you.
We have Deaf, Hard of Hearing and some with cochlear implants mentors who can support and share knowledge, experience, and wisdom with you including role modelling. This service is open to all d/Deaf and Hard of Hearing including with cochlear implant adults and children. All mentors have valid Working With Children Check (WWCC).
We have Auslan tutors who can teach you or your family how to communicate in Auslan. We also can teach your work mates, your children’s childcare centre, sports team mates or friends. We can teach Auslan in your home or at your workplace or somewhere suitable.
Our Auslan tutors has experience and resources to teach Auslan at different levels depending on the learners’ ages and abilities. We will meet with you and discuss with you to find out what you want us to teach to ensure we meet your goals.